In case your guests must wait awhile until your delicious Thanksgiving meal is ready, why not prepare this delicious healthy appetizer in advance for them to munch on. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Consider serving with raw vegetables and maybe a few gluten-free crackers (but don’t fill them up too much, so they have room for the fabulous meal you are preparing).
- 1-15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- –Allspice, to sprinkle on top
- Combine all ingredients except allspice in the bowl of a large food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Spoon dip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with allspice.
Source: Gluten-Free & More
Other Thanksgiving Day Courses: