“Dr. Cheryl Winter, DCN, FNP-BC/APRN, RDN, IFMCP will help you reverse illness, achieve wellness & balance beyond traditional healing methods, so you can harmoniously dance through life once again.”
DR. CHERYL’s PHILOSOPHY
Treat the whole person, not just the symptoms. Look for the root cause, together. Give you what you need, and take away what you don’t to allow your body to heal itself: “Get Healed Naturally.” Let’s get you tuned up, feeling younger, healthier, happier, more alive and vital, and harmoniously dancing your way through life again.
- Today’s conventional medicine model is NOT healthcare. It’s sick care. Together, I will help you achieve REAL healthcare, through a variety of non-conventional prescriptions, including anti-aging foods, bio-identical hormones, nutritional supplements and stress-relieving modalities that will nourish your body and mind and rejuvinate your inner soul.
- Forget what you think you know about nutrition (the gateway to health). Even if you think you are eating right, there are so many factors that effect your body’s ability to utilize the fuel available. It’s not just about eating what has been portrayed to us as a balanced diet. Most doctors don’t even understand this, which is why our country as a whole is so sick. REAL healthcare requires the “balance” of all your systems, and you need a functional medicine strategist, like myself, to navigate this terrain with you. It’s key to really feeling vital and alive, and to thrive!
- Invest in yourself. No one else will….not your doctor, not your insurance company…it’s up to you. Your automobile needs a frequent tune-up to run smoothly. You do too! Get a once a year tune-up with me and watch the transformation!
- I don’t believe in a one size fits all approach. I move beyond trends and fads and help you discover what works for your body and lifestyle….and allow you to flourish and thrive.
- I may be licensed to prescribe prescription medications, but I offer alternatives to pharmaceutical prescriptions and surgeries. If you want to learn more about my story and why I choose to practice differently from other licensed healthcare practitioners, read the “Introduction” to my book, PRESCRIPTION DETOX. You can purchase a copy of my book or get a FREE copy with your Initial Consultation.
“Dr. Cheryl will help you reverse illness, achieve wellness & balance beyond traditional healing methods, so you can harmoniously dance through life once again.”
Through the practice of personalized healthcare and natural remedies, my mission is to nourish and enrich the health of our communities so they will flourish and thrive.
- Doctor of Clinical/Functional Nutrition through Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Board Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Advanced Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (ABHRT) Training through Worldlink Medical
- Certified Practitioner of The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management through the American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist with the Commission on Dietetic Registration/Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian with the State of Texas
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with the State of Texas
- Certified Diabetes Educator through the National Certification Board for Diabetes
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American College of Sports Medicine Health Fitness Instructor Training
- Health Coach Training with Wellcoaches®, accredited by the American College of Sports Medicine
- Doctorate Degree in Clinical/Functional Nutrition at Maryland University of Integrative Health; April 2019
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing from Texas Woman’s University in Houston; August 2010; GPA 3.86; Recipient of the “Mary Alice Harris Metcalf” Award for Outstanding Master Student of the Nurse Practitioner Program-chosen by the program faculty
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from Texas Woman’s University in Houston; December 1995; GPA: 3.83; Magna Cum Laude
- Master of Science Degree/Combined Internship in Nutrition and Food Science from Texas Woman’s University in Houston; August 1986; GPA: 3.92
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge; December 1979; GPA: 3.12
Dr. Cheryl Winter, DCN, FNP-BC, APRN, RDN, IFMCP is a sought-after author and speaker, and a renowned Functional Medical Doctor of Clinical Nutrition, Family Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, and Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist who effectively treats patients with natural and safe remedies. As Dr. Winter explains, “I used to be a conventionally trained legalized FDA-drug dealer, but I discovered I was just making my patients sicker with my pills & potions. Those are just band-aids, and you will never find health and wellness without getting to the root cause. I have over 35 years of experience knowing what doesn’t work, and I now have the real tools that work.”
Dr. Winter sees patients come from all over the area, from Houston to Conroe Texas, to find relief from their chronic health conditions, including diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, weight gain, hormone issues and more. Bioidentical Hormones can be used as a natural solution because these are NOT medications….they are what your body may be deficient in. Remember, your body doesn’t have a deficiency of prescription medications, but they can have deficiencies of hormones, that are instrumental in achieving overall health.
As a functionally-trained family nurse practitioner and registered dietitian with a doctorate degree in Clinical Nutrition, a practitioner of the prestigious “The Institute of Functional Medicine,” and a “Worldlink Medical Certified Advanced Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy” expert, Dr. Winter’s patients are flourishing and living the healthy life God intended for them, naturally!