You have heard about all the benefits of drinking Matcha Green Tea, right? If not, WARNING: the list is lengthy!
Just for starters, green tea has been shown to:
- reduce blood pressure
- lower blood fats (triglycerides, cholesterol, and LDL-cholesterol)
- protect against cancer
- lower blood sugar
While studies vary in the amount and type of green tea used, the general recommendation for green tea consumption is based on the amount typically consumed in Asian countries. Asians drink about 3 cups per day, supplying 240-320 mg of polyphenols.
Secret Active Ingredient of Green Tea
The secret active ingredient in green tea is ECCG. ECCG stands for “Epigallocatechin Gallate,” and it is the most abundant and powerful antioxidant in green tea for cancer chemoprevention. But ECCG is also an effective treatment to decrease cholesterol absorption. If you have chosen not to take the cholesterol medications known as “statins” than you should definitely consider a daily dose of ECCG, as it works to inhibit HMG-CoA reductase, similar to how a statin works.
ECCG is also recommended in the amount of 1000 mg per day to slow vascular aging. Vascular aging, hypertension and atherosclerosis are inflammatory conditions. Vascular disease is a balance of vascular injury verses vascular repair. For example, these conditions are not diseases in themselves, but instead are chronic dysregulated responses where the vascular system is an innocent bystander. Our vascular system is exposed to an infinite number of vascular insults, including inflammation, oxidative stress, autoimmune reactions, altered gene expression, and endothelial, vascular smooth muscle dysfunction.
Protecting our blood vessels, and its lining, the endothelium, is therefore extremely crucial. ECCG is just one way that we can protect our blood vessels from the many insults it is exposed to.
Here Are Other Benefits of ECCG:
- boosts metabolism, boosts energy, and burns calories (fat)
- cleanses and purges the body of harmful elements (chlorophyll, the element that gives green tea its verdant color is also a powerful detoxifier, helping to eliminate both chemicals and heavy metals from the body.)
- calms and relaxes (due to its rich L-theanine content, a rare amino acid that promotes a state of relaxation and well-being by acting upon the brains functioning and reducing stress.)
- enhances mood and aids in concentration (due to its rich L-theanine content. L-theanine creates alpha waves in the brain, which leads to a state of relaxed alertness, unlike stress that leads to an inducement of beta waves in the brain that causes excitement and a more agitated state.)
- fights against viruses and bacteria
Even better than ordinary green tea, is Matcha Green Tea:
Why Drink Matcha Green Tea?
- when you drink Matcha Green Tea, you ingest the whole tea leaf, not just the brewed water
- one glass of Matcha Green Tea is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of nutritional value and antioxidant content
- only 35 mg caffeine per serving compared to 95 to 200 mg in 1 cup of brewed coffee
- contains ~5 times more L-theanine than regular green tea
Don’t Like Drinking Green Tea or It Is An Inconvenience For You?
Not a problem! Simply use Matcha Green Tea for blending (into smoothies, lattes or pastry and savory recipes!). I add a serving to my already green smoothie every morning!
Click the pictorial links above and below to purchase Matcha Green Tea.
By purchasing from this link, I will get a small commission. This helps me be be able to continue to provide you with great health and wellness information.
Thanks for your continued support and referrals. I enjoy helping keeping you healthy!