This dish is perfect for company or for special weekend mornings. It’s actually good any day of the week, as you can always reheat leftovers for a quick on-the-go breakfast meal.
- 9 free-range chicken eggs
- 1 pound organic bacon (approximately 14-16 slices)
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 large sweet potato
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- 1 oz fresh cilantro, choppd
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic pods, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×9 baking tray with about 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
2. Bake bacon slices until desired tenderness and pat dry. Cool, then break up in bite-size pieces.
3. Saute the onion in coconut oil (about 1 tablespoon) until almost translucent, then add garlic and cilantro and set aside.
4. Saute the sliced mushrooms in coconut oil (about 1 tablespoon), until browned. Season to taste.
5. Cut the sweet potato into slices about 1/4 inch thick and layer the slices on the baking dish.
6. Top the sweet potatoes with the sauted mushrooms, sliced tomatoes, bacon pieces, and raw spinach.
7. Whisk 12 eggs well, along with the 1/2 cup nut milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour to cover the mixture completely.
8. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until sweet potatoes have softened and eggs are cooked through.
Serves: 6-9 based on how you slice it.
Exchanges: 1 serving = 1/9 of recipe
Protein: 11 g
Fats: 18 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g