This recipe is adapted from Dr. Mark Hyman.
- 1/2 cup baked squash blend (1 mini delicata squash and 2 honeynut squashes)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 clove black garlic
1. Preheat oven o 350 degrees F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Fill a baking dish with about 1/4 inch water in a baking dish and place the squash halves into the dish, cut sides down. Place in the oven and bake for about 30-45 minutes or until the skin is pierced with a fork. Remove the squash from the oven and set aside to cool for about 15 minutes. Then scoop out the insides and place into blender, discarding the skins.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients into the blender and blender on high until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Carboydrates: 33 grams
Fat: 22 grams
Protein: 12 grams