This hearty detoxifying soup contains the cruciferous vegetables, broccoli and cauliflower, which have potent anti-estrogenic properties. Dulse is rich in iodine, an essential mineral for brain and breast health in women, but avoid it, however, if you have Hashimoto’s disease.
This recipe was adapted from Magdalena Wszelaki’s book, “Cooking for Hormone Balance.” You can purchase this book here.
- 4 cups healing bone broth
- 15 Thai Meatballs
- 4 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
- 4 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tumeric powder
- 1 tablespoon dulse flakes, for garnish
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Olive oil, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, salt, thyme, and cider vinegar. Cook covered over medium heat for 7 minutes or until the vegetables are softened but not overcooked. Set aside and cool uncovered for 10 minutes.
2. Add the turmeric powder and blend the soup with the immersion blender until silk smooth. Adjust taste with salt and cider vinegar, if needed.
3. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with dulse and parsley, and drizzle with olive oil. Serve warm.
Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 1 week and in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Servings: 4 to 6